Peer bridgers are certified peer support specialists employed by designated Vaya Health network provider agencies who offer short-term support to individuals discharging from a mental health or substance use treatment facility. These facilities include psychiatric inpatient hospital units, facility-based crisis (FBC) centers or Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Centers (ADATCs).
Peer bridgers work with Vaya members to:
- Discuss recovery and connect members to follow-up treatment
- Examine any barriers to accessing follow-up care
- Learn about community resources
- Help resolve medication or transportation issues
- Develop a personal crisis plan
- Learn about early signs of relapse, how to use a crisis plan and how to prevent or address a crisis
- Review information about crisis services
Members age 18 and older who are enrolled in Medicaid or are receiving non-Medicaid services and who are diagnosed with mental health and/or substance use disorders may participate in this service.