COVID-19 Provider Information
Find provider bulletins, webinars and other related resources on this page.
Confirmed cases of respiratory illness due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to increase in North Carolina and nationwide. Vaya is committed to the health and safety of our providers, members and local communities.
We urge our providers to rely on credible sources, such as the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and NCDHHS for updates regarding COVID-19, and to check these sources regularly. We will continue to post the most current updates on the Vaya Health Coronavirus Updates page, as well as our social media channels.
CURRENT N.C. DHHS COVID-19 NEWS:
WHAT PROVIDERS CAN EXPECT FROM US
- We will continue to communicate with providers through
regular and urgent provider communication bulletins.
- In cases where specific information needs to be shared with a small group of providers, we will utilize targeted emails and phone calls. Provider Relations Team members will continue to be available by email and phone (providers who do not have an assigned Provider Relations Specialist should use the Provider Info email).
- Our Member Services team will continue to accept calls 24/7
- through Vaya’s Call Center (800-849-6127).
- Mobile Crisis Management (MCM) and referrals to services
will be handled based on guidance and requirements issued by the Governor’s office and NCDHHS.
- Vaya will continue to review service authorization requests
(SARs) and adjudicate claims and make timely reimbursement to providers as normal.
- Vaya will hold critical meetings using Microsoft Teams, teleconference lines or Webex.
- Provider Network and Credentialing staff will continue to process nomination requests and credentialing activities as normal.
- Vaya Care Management Contract Performance and Special
Investigation activities will continue based on guidance and requirements issued by NCDHHS.
- Vaya’s Service Desk will continue to be available for
providers on its normal schedule.
- We have reached out to NCDHHS for more specific guidance on
Clinical Coverage Policy and contract requirements related to telehealth and monitoring and will provide further updates when we know more; until we receive more specific instruction, Vaya will maintain adherence to existing requirements.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM OUR NETWORK PROVIDERS AND HOW PROVIDERS CAN SUPPORT MEMBERS
- Please continue to engage in thoughtful, proactive planning
with members to ensure continuity of care and to address barriers at all levels of impact.
- Share basic education on preventive measures with individuals you serve (click here to download a flyer from the CDC with tips on how to prevent the spread of respiratory diseases like COVID-19).
- Share tips for taking care of your behavioral health during a health crisis (click here to download a handout from SAMHSA).
- Find ways to give your staff and individuals you serve more physical space and limit close contact as much as possible.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces. Follow the instructions on the disinfectant label, including how long to leave the surface (e.g., waiting room furniture, phones, laptops, tables, door handles, keyboards) wet.