Working at Vaya
Make a difference in the communities we serve
At Vaya Health, caring for our community is more than just a business opportunity: It’s the reason we exist. We are committed to building communities where people can get the help they need to live the life they choose, and we’re looking for talented professionals to join us in this mission. If you share our passion for ensuring access to quality healthcare for the individuals and families in our region, contact us today. Together, we can build a healthier North Carolina.
Why work at Vaya Health? Hear what Vaya employees had to say in a 2021 all-staff survey:
- An overwhelming majority – 98% – report that Vaya is a good place to work.
- Staff report Vaya supports a healthy work/life balance, flexible schedules and remote work opportunities.
- Staff highly value Vaya’s benefits package, including longevity pay and participation in the N.C. Local Government Employees’ Retirement System.
- Vaya’s executive leadership gets high marks from employees – 95% report they believe executive leadership is doing what it takes to make the organization successful.
- More than nine in 10 employees report executive leadership considers staff interests when making decisions.
- More than 95% report they would recommend Vaya to friends as a good place to work.
- Staff are proud of the services that Vaya provides and the organization’s mission, vision and values.
Employee survey comments
“I feel valued not only by my direct manager, but by the Executive Leadership Team as well. I like that all staff get communication from the top down and that our CEO is not just a name, but a known and valued person within the company.”
“The benefits package is hard to beat.”
“I love the people that I work with, from leadership to line staff. Everyone is so compassionate, caring and hardworking, dedicated to doing the right things to help the people we serve and each other.”
Benefits of working for Vaya Health
Vaya offers a variety of career paths in professional, administrative, care management and information technology roles. Each staff member plays an integral role in making an impact as we serve individuals with mental health concerns, substance use disorders and intellectual/developmental disabilities, and their loved ones. Our team is talented, committed to Vaya’s mission and dedicated to making a difference. We value your career expertise, skills and knowledge as we work together to accomplish meaningful and rewarding work within our communities.
Vaya Health offers our team members a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunities for advancement. These benefits include:
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- Supplemental insurance options
- Vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Flexible spending plans
- N.C. Local Government Employees’ Retirement System
- Professional development opportunities
- Alternative/flexible work schedules
- Wellness program
Vaya Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind
Vaya is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Vaya are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by federal or state civil rights laws. Vaya will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Vaya encourages applicants of all ages.
Want to know more? Read Vaya’s non-discrimination policy.
Explore our Career Opportunities
Join our passionate team and create a meaningful career path that helps build a stronger and healthier North Carolina.
Check your application status by accessing the email that you received when you applied to Vaya. Due to application volume, we cannot provide phone support for application status questions.